Thursday, September 03, 2009

Easy Riders Sept 2nd

I`m still wondering why I volunteered to write this up for the blog since from my vantage point as stoker on my tandem trike my view of the route was largely obscured by my son Peter who handles the front end. However here goes. The weather forecast was pretty grim which made the turnout rather lower than usual at Cobham. As it happened we must have got the right slot of sunshine for a pleasant ride to The Albion at East Molesey. There were Lynda, Bill H., Roger, Chris, John C.,plus me and im at the rear. Ron who was to have led has been suffering with a bad cough and could not attend so I can only assume our destination was the result of a consensus of opinion. We went from Cobham up the old Portsmouth Road to West End.Then the dual carriageway to Hersham where we took a right turn at The Barley Mow, then Molesey Road to West Molesey with a pretty straight ride up Hurst Road to our lunch. It`s just as well we do not all ride such monsters as the bike parking at The Albion would not accomodate more than a few. Tea was to be at Chessington but Pete and I made off down The Hurst Road for home after a most pleasant outing. Just under 25 mls. See you next week--Albert

No comments: