Thursday, September 10, 2009

Easy riders Sept 9th



The weather seems to be getting a bit autumnal but still fine as we met at East Molesley. We had a good turnout and were graced with the presence of the mayor, a most pleasant man who engaged us all in conversation. Charles managed to take a photo and with luck may place it on the blog to complement my effort. Lynda led the ride to The Anglers at Teddington with Fuzz, Mark, Bill H.,Bill M.,Charles, Roger, Dave, Chris, myself and Alan (a newcomer who hails from Claygate). We took the route by the river from Hampton Court to Kingston bridge. It had been our intention to take the towpath to Teddington and to cross the river again via the tidal weir, but we were informed this route was closed. I had this from Bill H who kept an eye on me and followed me over Kingston bridge with the gen. We took a right turn after recrossing with a pretty straight road ending at our lunch spot. The food was good and so was the beer. Tea was to be at `Five on the Bridge` so Mark, Bill and I made for Bushy Park. Bill and I took the park route and Mark pressed on towards Kingston. I waited for a while at the cafe but it was getting chilly and I felt a spot of rain so headed for home. Have a nice holiday Lynda-------Albert

No comments: