Thursday, January 21, 2010

Easy riders Jan 20th




This was the Wednesday when I had the help of my dear son Peter on the front of the tandem trike. With the cold and drizzle I was glad of a bit of frontal cover. He can certainly navigate to Elleray Hall better than me. There we found a good turnout with Lynda, Beryl, Fuzz, Dennis and several others including Phil who was ride leader. Right at the start we took a wrong turning, that is we two on the mighty machine. However Peter enquired at the police station the route to Ashford where we were due to have lunch at The Kings Head. On arrival, the pub was not one of those out of the way spots and a most welcome sight to we wet and weary ones. It was warm and welcoming and the food and beer helped a lot. Tea was to be taken at The Walled Garden at Lower Sunbury but having found that venue closed we all pressed on to Hampton Court Bridge and had tea at Five on the Bridge. I have attached a few photos I took at lunch---------Albert

No comments: