Wednesday, January 06, 2010

S Group 6 January




Despite the evident success of my snow tyres I felt this morning, on looking out of the window, that there may be a better way...

So I got out my skis and skied to the Chequers at Walton for lunch, broadly following National Cycle Route 22. Up over the Oaks Golf Course, over Banstead Common where I met Rob and Ruth Maskell who were out for a walk, over Epsom Downs and up the lane to Walton on the Hill.

It was rather the wrong kind of snow - wet and heavy - which is my excuse for a very pedestrian performance - 7.7 miles, moving average 3.1 mph, 933 ft of ascent and 1689 calories. But, all things considered, not bad fun.

Mark


2 comments:

Pete said...

Well done Mark another first within The Wayfarers!

mike morley said...

Well done mark Brilliant. Wish I had known you were cross country skying our Swedish neighbour from Meadow walk did the same. Barbara and I walked over the common to Tadworth but no milk or papers left so we walked back to the Chequers around 3pm and sat by the log fire. Today we will walk over Epsom Downs to Derby Arms for Lunch 12.30pm