Thursday, February 25, 2010

Easy Riders Feb 24th



Weather a bit milder but steady drizzle at first. It became dry after elevenses at Walton DC where we had a good turnout but no leader. After some discussion re lunch venues, the others accepted my proposition to try a pub which my neighbour had highly recommended but which was too close to provide a decent ride. So, in a roundabout way, yours truly led Roger, Fuzz, Lynda, Beryl, Phil, Bill, John C., and around four more trusting riders through Walton past The Halfway towards Hersham where I missed a turn and found we were on the wrong side of Hersham bypass. Everyone crossed over without mishap and we joined Queens Road in the direction of Weybridge. After turning right to cross the railway over Sir Richards Bridge, I failed to see the road sign on my left and passed Oatlands Chase to find we were returning to Hersham! Happily most of the others spotted my error and led me to our destination. I have attached some pics and I agree with my neighbour; it is a darned good pub. Thanks for your patience-------Albert

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Dear All
A thousand apologies - my fault entirely. Ron had told me that for the next few weeks he has a regular Wednesday appointment. In the forthcoming programme he is down to lead from Cobham on 7 April. Would anyone like to volunteer to lead that ride?
Jeff (redfaced)