Friday, July 23, 2010

Fullers Cycle Shop Dorking

In yesterday's Dorking Advertiser I read an obituary notice for David Fuller the proprietor of Fullers. He died in Dorking Hospital aged 79, in the town he loved best.

For about two years or so he had been suffering from altzeimers, although he still appeared in the shop, above which he lived, having moved there from another South Street address after his wife died. It was a pleasure to speak to him.

This will be of more personal concern to myself having lived in Dorking for thirty odd years, but is worthy of mention as it has been a family business for many years. I recall way back in time seeing an elderly Mr Fuller senior, father of David, still serving the customers.

Son Andrew and Daughter Liz also help run the shop. There is one grandchild, Diana, who is probably now aged five.

A funeral service will take place at 1.30 on Wednesday 28th July in St. Martin's Church, yards from where Midweekers will be having elevenses on the same day.

Regards Deanna.

p.s. I undertook Clive Oxx's Brockham cycle ride quiz on Sunday. Helped me to observe an area I thought I knew well on my doorstep.

No comments: