Sunday, July 25, 2010

News from John Scott

Julian et al,

Tricky procedure yesterday. Three stents fitted-One before the arterial junction, One special one to cover the junction and one after the junction. The cath lab operator made several attempts to effect a successful conclusion making lots of measurements and trying several balloon dimensions. I thought at one point he was going to call it a day and opt for an open heart job. After what seemed to me to be over an hour he finally did it.

The technology is absolutely amazing and I thank god I am living in the computer age. Our fathers were not so lucky and I owe a great debt to all those involved in saving my life.

Look forward to being back on the bike when I have had a suitable period of rehabilitation.

Hope to see you soon.

Kind regards,

John

1 comment:

Julian said...

Excellent news, John--thank you for letting us know. I share your gratitude for advances in medical technology. Your procedure sounds amazing.

Julian