Wednesday, December 08, 2010

News from John Scott

Just to let you know I am still alive and kicking but not cycling due to building activities in London and here in Wokingham and trips to France not to mention being stuck for three hours on English roads in all the snow. Changed car recently but was unable to purchase snow tyres in England so the trip to France had to include a hotel stop over due to the fact that we could not ascend the mountain climb in the Jura. Happily we have acquired the correct tyres now and the return trip was only hampered because of the jack knifed lorries on the English motorways.

Baby and mother doing well.

Would have liked to attend the Xmas lunch but never knew exactly who was organising it so I guess it is now too late to apply. Well I may have better luck next year when I should have been back in sync for most of the year and cycling with all my old buddies. However I guess I shall be starting from square one on the fitness front so I may need to go with a slower group at first.

Can't say much more.
Look forward to hearing from one or two cycling folk.
Kind regards,
John Scott

1 comment:

mike morley said...

John,
Good to hear you are still alive. I did not make it yesterday either but not because of snow but 3 appointments at the hospital due to ongoing investigations into my high iron content and further investigation into potential problems in the area of my broken hip. I attended the department of Nuclear Medicin at St Helier resulting in a radio active trace injection followed 4hrs later by and extensive scan lsting almost one hour. Lying still in that tube for so long was quite intimidating. Now I glow in the dark!