Thursday, December 23, 2010

Report from Adam Dec 22nd

As John B may not have done a post and Harry wasn't planning to, here is a small contribution about our triplet of riders yesterday if you want to add it to your blog. I'm not quite sure how it all works , never having been responsible for such important news! Have a good holiday and see you soon, I trust.

"Connectivity with the internet proved a major deterrent yesterday as, when I arrived at Walton DC totally unaware of any warning blogs from Irene, Rob or Fuzz posted during my sleep, I saw only one parked cycle . My initial assumption that I had yet again chosen the wrong DC for 11's proved incorrect as I spied Harry Cole sipping a cuppa in the company of the locals and seemingly enjoying the ambience of the place. Just behind me came John Bassett who had diligently read the blog but disobeyed orders whereas Harry and I couldn't be accused of that, not being web savvy or even reliant!

After a brief democratic discussion as to where we should proceed , it was unanimously agreed to lunch (or maybe brunch would be rather more accurate) at the cafe at Pembroke Lodge in Richmond Park . Absolutely the only slush we encountered was for a few hundred metres on the south side of Teddington Lock in Ham ; the rest of the way passed without incident though disappointedly we'd only clocked about 20 miles according to John B's reliable (one hope's) odometer. After brushing aside fellow diners from a wedding reception taking place in an adjacent reception room ,(I cannot confirm whether a discount could be arranged for civil ceremonies through the SWLDA secretary in case there are any interested couples in our midst) Harry pointed out an information board at the exit with copious details of past owners and occupants of Pembroke Lodge amongst whom had been Bertrand Russell, the well known philosopher. He has, apparently read his biography and can even recite several humourous quotes which he will repeat when he is leading a B ride soon if there is sufficient request!

Adam "

No comments: