Monday, January 09, 2012

Bike Adventures

As some of you will know, I'm quite a fan of Bike Adventures and have used their services for several long rides, solo and tandem. So I was sorry to receive a letter from Kevin White, the principal, stating that he would not continue running Bike Adventures in 2012. This decision seems to have been reached at short notice, as the 2012 programme is already on the web-site.

The UK side of the business will continue to be run by Steve Wesson and Rob Tanti, both Bike Adventures ride leaders, and I have had a nice note from them informing me that they intend to offer the same service and that they have some new ideas for tours that they plan to introduce next season. For this season they will offer the Bike Adventures UK and Ireland programme - details are on the web-site.

However, there will be no European programme this year - which rather dents my Geneva-based Raids - and the very useful facility to drop off and pick up a bike at Ascot for transport to and from trips will no longer be available as Steve and Rob are based in Cumbria. Obviously, my loss may be someone else's gain, but I'm rather focussing on my loss, at the moment ...

So, that's the news. My thanks to Kevin and colleagues for past services, and best wishes to Steve and Rob for the next chapter.

Mark


No comments: