Wednesday, February 15, 2012

B Group - 15th February

What a difference a day makes' - do you remember that song? Well, I was delighted that I could leave off the thermals to-day, even so, I was still a little over heated! I heard the same remark from others as the day went on!

Twenty four B riders left Weybridge; eleven stayed for tea in Cobham.
Our route took us over the footbridge in Addlestone into Crockford Park Road, Liberty Lane, onto the bridge over motorway to Row Town, New Haw and West Byfleet where I wandered if Dave Jarvis would catch sight of us from his jewellers shop?! We took to the tow-path at Sheerwater and left at Arthur's Bridge Road. Up the short hill on Church St and on to the pavement to get around the roadwork's allowing us to turn right into South St. and so to The Plough. The staff always make us welcome, enjoyable food and no looong waits!

Back on the road at 13.40. We turned right out of the pub, another right and soon to the six cross roads on A320. After Maybury we encountered another set of major road works in College Road, but once again we were able to cycle on the pavement! (Do you think the council's are using up their coffers as it is nearing the end of the financial year?) Pyrford Common Lane took us into Newark Lane into Ripley and from there we followed the well ridden route into Cobham. My thanks to back markers- where would I be with out them? :)

A fine day, my computer tells me I cycled 44.5 miles in total. Not alot, but enough!!

Pam :) :)




Pam's ride from the Weybridge DC to The Plough in Horsell then on to the Sainsburys cafeteria in Cobham, 23.1 miles

No comments: