Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Easy Riders 22nd February

My day began by leading an innocent wayfarer astray en route to Walton He had caught sight of the fluorescent jacket and followed as he thought I was heading to Walton but I was actually doing a quick reccy of Burwood Park as I’d heard they were gating it. I sent him backwards in a general direction and continued to find that the Burwood Park Estate is to have barriers operated by residents pass but not gated so shouldn’t be an obstacle to cyclists. I then had to ask three people directions to the day centre as I could not find it myself. However this was not to be an omen for the ride which proceeded as planned, cutting through the pedestrian only passageway to Sainsbury’s thence through Ashley Park/Burwood Park/Burwood Golf Club x R.Mole and devious route through Norwood Farm, exiting on Elvedon Road. So many “private” places. What a lovely route but marred by notices telling me trespassers will be prosecuted in the Norwood Farm area. For those interested in prosecution the route down Norwood Farm Lane ends in a large gate that can only be opened by combination number (which Ron tells me is 0 for milkmen and postmen). However as a pedestrian one can still walk round the end of the fence and proceed to Sainsbury’s in Cobham. Safely in the public spaces of Cobham we took usual route to Cricketers at Downside. New management and menu, drinks and food served at the table, a little pricier than it used to be but still soup and flatbreads (sandwiches) on the menu so something for everyone. Rain commenced so we went back past the ever expanding “little” chapel onto Fairmile/Water/Littleheath/Oxshott Heath/Claygate for tea and home. Ten sat down to lunch and eleven at tea where we picked up Ron again – Lynda Malcolm David and Wendy Alan Norman Roger John and Sandy.

Steph

No comments: