Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Snow in Walton on the Hill













Apologies to Jeff for missing the turn after visiting Barns Wallis grave but I then decided upon two things:

Firstly to visit Jolana at the Ramada East Horsley, some of you will remember her from Denbies last year at tea - well at least I do. Jolana has offered to help with accomodation for Paraplegic Paul Smith's wheelchair of hope ride in April to raise £55k for Children in Need.

Secondly I then rode the first lap of Kingston Wheelers Sporting 14 mile TT course starting in Ripley and around Hungry Hill, surprisingly clear of snow apart from one very dodgy corner. I hope it's still OK on Sunday 12 Feb.

Finally on arriving home this evening I had to walk along Meadow Walk it was so icy with lots of snow still piled high! It's tough at the top (of North Downs)!







No comments: