Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Box Hill




Knowing that Ray had planned an "A" ride over the newly surfaced Olympic Road Race circuit of Box Hill and in view of the fact that I would not make the ride today due to a further visit to Epsom Hospital with my damaged wrist I went to Leatherhead down the "Zig Zag" Ignoring the sign I was eventually stopped by Tarmac workers and told the road was closed. After tactful negotiation I was told I could proceed on the muddy path at the side and on reaching the N.T. tea room side there was Terry trying to go the other way. It became clear that they had only so far re-surfaced the up side from Rykers end to N.T.tea room. Did not enquire when work would be finished but they still have a lot to do if they are going to resurface the whole of the circuit near Box Hill school Mickleam etc.

I did not take a picture but someone had very distastefull put grafity on the new surface which was going to cost a lot of money to remove according to the workmen!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Would that have been the traditional 'spurt' graffiti?

Unlike you to take a pic, Mike.