Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Group 11th November: Hersham - Send Marsh - Shepperton

There were a massive 22 potential riders with the A group this week.   I say potential - because I managed to leave without five of them, in my rush to get to lunch in good time.    Apologies to Ingrid, Jeff, Neil, John (who all followed Mark's suggestion of having an independently led ride to lunch) and to Dave Vine who had an enjoyable ride with the B group.

Seventeen set off into the wind on a warm, almost sticky day, heading west towards the hill of Weybridge (well, there weren't many notable hills).  Down the path to Brooklands and then past that temple of the automobile, BMW World and its skidpan, to Byfleet: a bit of busy road and then off into the quieter lanes around Pyrford en route to Send Marsh.    The Saddlers Arms was highly rated in previous visits by the B group and again provided good food at reasonable prices.   By this time we were up to 21 riders, but several didn't fancy heading to the far north of Shepperton and left after lunch.

Edit: an entry in the "unsuitable for the website" category - taken by Jennie Jackson

Back to seventeen again, we set off towards Old Woking and White Rose Lane which took us into the heart of Woking.   Plenty of chances to lose people round the one way system with its many traffic lights, but some good corner marking meant we all made it out towards Horsell and skirting the eastern flanks of Chobham.   I was on a mission to get to the Shepperton Cakery, sorry Bakery, by 3.30 and so with the wind behind us we had a swift ride along Stonehill Lane to Chertsey and onwards to Shepperton at about 3.29.    About half decided to make the most of the light to get home, leaving - about half, if my maths serves me right - stopping for tea.

Thank you to all those who joined us, especially those who marked corners and kept the ride moving, and to Mike B and Colin who shared the back marking.

1 comment:

mike morley said...

Hi Simon, not wishing to be picky as your ride to Send introduced me to something that I had not seen before! Though I am a Ford man myself (some would say a Fraud man!) I think it was Mercedes World and not BMW! On another subject I will take you upon your offer to educate me into the Garmin World, maybe others would like to join us!