Monday, September 05, 2016

An update about Eric Ashford

Pam has received this message from Tony Ashford concerning the health of his father Eric. Eric is a veteran Sou'Wester and in recent years those of us who go to France for the Dieppe Raid have met him and his family in la Plage Hotel. If you know any of Eric's contemporaries who are no longer active in our club please pass this news on to them.
 
From: ashfordanthony@yahoo.de
Date: 05/09/2016 16:08
Subj: Eric Ashford
 
Hi Pam,
 
             As you probably know, my father Eric has been in declining health over the last few years. As things stand at present, the doctors think that his days are, putting it brutally, numbered. However I know that he would like his former fellow riders in the Sou' Westers to be informed of his condition, and later on, of his passing. I was wondering if I could ask you to give me the contact details of the members with whom he socialized so that I can do this. Alternatively,  maybe this email could be forwarded to all the members, and those that wish to contact me can do so, and I can take it from there.
 
             Sorry to trouble you with this, and for a pretty depressing email.

We still intend to come to Dieppe next June, so I hope to meet up with you and other Sou'Westers again.

Cheers
 
Tony

1 comment:

mike morley said...

I wish Eric all the best and indeed I remember him well. Please convey my best wishes and keep me informed of his progress! If I can visit him in Oxford before his final decline I would like to do so and am happy to drive any one else along also.