Monday, September 05, 2016

Update on Toni de Italia

Dear friends and cycling colleagues of Toni & Bernard B.
I was horrified to see Bernard's Blog and the tragic accident caused by a careless driver not looking in his rear view mirror before opening his door! I visited Toni today and he is mending and typically of a very kind and considerate man he is reluctant to take action fearing that the man may have a family himself etc! Bernard I hope will be less conciliatory The man was vile and tried to suggest that the two riders collided with each other and caused the problem. The matter has been put in t#he hands of the CTC Solicitor. I understand that Bernard is not so meek and mild like I would not be and has asked the police to prosecute!
I too was involved in an accident in 1996 when a young lady, misjudging my speed wiped me up at Belmont. I was in X-Ray at St. Helier for 2.1/2hrs and not a single bone was broken!!??. It took six years to get a settlement via the CTC but know I have a severely arthritic right ankle which is now causing serious problems with my left ankle through over compensation and effort! Life is never the same again after a serious bike accident so I would encourage both Bernard and Toni to pursue this claim to the full!
Best regards, happy and safe cycling!

No comments: