Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Easy Riders - 7th September

As it was nice weather and forecast was good, I decided on a longer ride.  I had an old route from when I went with the original B group to Send some years ago. We were 7 who left Cobham after coffee.
After the British Legion we turned left down to The Plough pub, then right towards Ockley, The Mucky Duck. Straight over to Ockham then right towards Ripley. Took a right down the high street to Tanners Road and left after The Seven Stars down Papercourt Lane. Followed to Send High Street,passing some buildings, one use to be called the Crack factory.  Took a right turn to The New Inn on the corner. Had a nice lunch sitting in the garden by the Wey Navigation.

For a picturesque route back we went back to Ripley and turned right up towards the Jovial Sailor, then took a left to go round the farms towards Cobham. Then went up Church Road towards Leatherhead. We dropped down to Ashtead Common and took a new route that Colin took on a Saturday afternoon ride. It comes out about 100 yds from The Cricketers pub at Stamford Green. We then went down Manor Green Road to a new coffee shop I've found called Chads. I recommend it. 


After coffee/ice cream/cake we went through Ewell Court park to Nonsuch. I stopped off at Cheam park to meet my daughter and granddaughter in the sand pit.

Our ride was around 50 miles; and a lovely day out.

Thanks to Maureen, my back marker.


~ Lynda

No comments: