Saturday, July 01, 2017

An update from Tim Gibbons

I received this from Tim yesterday:

Hi Tim !

Thanks for your message - very much appreciated.

Yes - the saga continues.
I had the first wrist operation (broken scaphoid) a month ago and am currently in a plaster cast. It was a tricky procedure as the bone had fractured in a difficult place. As a result they had to insert metal pins to keep the joint together in the hope that it will eventually fuse back together. I am due for further surgery in three weeks time to remove them and assess the situation. I can only hope that it will all prove worthwhile in the end and that the bone will eventually heal.

It has been so frustrating as the the diagnosis was so late in being reached. As a result I have been unable to do any cycling for the last three months and what bit I did manage beforehand was quite painful.

Needless to say I am so looking forward to getting back to normal as soon as circumstances allow. I have missed the Wednesday cycling tremendously and the bike has hardly been out of the garage.

Glad to hear you had a successful trip to Dieppe - I'm sure you all had a great time.

Please pass on my best wishes to the rest of the Wayfarers and I do hope I will be able to join you all once again in the near future.

Very best wishes,

Tim G

No comments: