Thursday, July 06, 2017

Update from Colin Garrod

You may recall that Colin ruptured his Achilles tendon while cycling in France a couple of weeks ago.   He sent this update:

Hi All
Hope you are all enjoying the lovely cycling weather.
Just thought I should update you on my progress.  I saw my consultant on Monday and am now in a “walking” brace at least until my next appointment in 6 weeks.   It doesn’t really allow me to do much walking but has at least got me off my hands and knees.  He says they prefer not to sew the 2 ends of the Achilles back nowadays, due to complications and that they should hopefully join together eventually, somehow.  So no more cycling for months.  But it does at least give me lots of time to improve my watercolour painting and perhaps also my French.  I also can at least hobble up the garden and now have no excuse to do the washing up.

~ Colin

We wish you a speedy recovery Colin and look forward to seeing you as soon as you are able to re-join us.

No comments: