Sunday, April 08, 2018

Group A ride to East Sheen 4th April

It was a good turnout at Cobham despite the weather forecast for my first co led ride with Geoff.  15 of us set off and it was not long before I called upon my right hand man, Geoff to assist as I had slightly went off course, followed by a Garmin reset!  All riders were very patient and we headed to Esher, through Hersham, Weybridge and on to Richmond at a reasonable pace with a couple of minor adjustments! In through Richmond Park Gate where the wind and rain picked up so decided on a quick descent to Sheen Gate to arrive at the Pig and Whistle just before 1pm.  Lovely venue and lunch was very pleasant as we had pre ordered. We were able to finish lunch just after 2pm. We set off through Sheen Gate and over past the Ballet School to Ham Gate in wet and windy conditions. By this time, some riders were heading home, departing at Kingston.  The last few rode on through Bushy Park and by the time we arrived at the Riverside cafe at Walton we were down to four -  myself, David, John and Alan.  David led the charge back home via Molesey.
Overall I believe most riders will have done 40 + miles on a damp day and I thank everyone for their support - back markers, corner markers and to Geoff for his encouragement throughout.🚴🚴🚴




No comments: