Wednesday, August 22, 2018

"B" group from Caterham

Me I feel like a fool and in fact I am. I had intended to join the "A" group to follow the speedy Janice but when I got to Caterham I could not extract my shoe from the pedal. Lots of people helped and I am so grateful. Thanks to our ex SouWester editor Jeff Tollerman I invested in a splendid pair of leather shoes from Spar Cycles. They have been a complete nightmare!
Net result was that I had to take out the lace completely, leave the shoe clipped into my pedal and hobble around bare foot. I hope that Tim our leader has some suitable photo's to show.

Anyway to lighten up our lives here are a few photos of my adventures on the CTC Birthday Rides in Sropshire last week.
The first photo is a replication of the Poppies from the Tower in London. In this case they show the cascade of porcelain Poppies (£25. each) cascading down from the Kiln in Stoke on Trent.
The second photo shows some exhibits from the RAF  museum at Cos-ford a magnificent display.
The third is me fooling around with some models I found hanging on a washing line at Norbury Canal Junction.

Peter Mathison the organiser of the CTC Birthday for the last 7 years has said that he can continue no longer due to health reasons. So unless someone comes along to organise 2019 there will be no Birthday Rides. May I set a challenge! I did try to organise the Birthday Rides in 2011 but the committee rejected the idea. I would like the committee to invite me and Collin Quemby to to the next SWA meeting to see if we can work something out. I would suggest that we get Kent involved and base it in Canterbury.

Here are my photos.




Finally I spoke to Sandra Peter Mathison's wife at home this evening and was much surprised to hear that Peter was already home. We all wish him well in his recovery!


No comments: