Thursday, July 25, 2019

Easy Riders - 24th July

At Lynda's suggestion we decided to ride from Ashtead to the Stepping Stones at Westhumble  but just as we were ready to leave my chain broke and I had a vision of tramping down to Ashtead train station. As fortune would have it there was a local bike mechanic who took my multi tool which had a chain breaker and promptly re-joined the chain. As it was apparent that I had never had the tool out of the pouch he advised me that I should regard it as a useful tool to be used rather than just an ornament. Rather humbling.

We went a slightly different route around Leatherhead via Ermyn Way and I promptly lost six of the group but it wasn't serious. After re-grouping we trundled along to Westhumble via Norbury Park Farm and enjoyed our starters as main courses were out of the question on such a hot day. It was then back to Leatherhead and over Ashtead Common to enjoy our tea stop at Senzos café adjacent to the Epsom train station entrance.

Home to a cooling shower - separately, of course.

John

No comments: