Friday, July 12, 2019

Easy Riders - 10th July

I eventually caught up with the riders at Claygate after realising that I was the only person meeting at Chessington (!) . As we left, Bernard Power and I got into conversation and I lost all the others - I think that I was having a 'senior' day as I cycled round and round Claygate and Oxshott. I then decided to go on my own ride as I knew that the others were having their lunch at the Rubbing House by Epsom Grandstand. Apparently the others went a more direct route through Prince's Coverts, where a kind lady unlocked the gate, and emerged by the Star on Leatherhead Road. Then it was across Ashtead Common and ending up by climbing Chalk Lane to the Downs. I eventually arrived just as their lunch was served. After, Liz led us through a lot of small roads and back alleys to Cheam for tea and coffee.

It may not affect very many riders but I understood from a couple of the workmen that the cycle and pedestrian route parallel to New Malden train station to Raynes Park is scheduled to be opened this Saturday, 13th. July.

Best wishes

John

Here is a link to the flyer for the grand opening:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AhHYmW6bOZg5gqAdOugGyXEFfB3N8g 

~ Tim

No comments: