Monday, July 08, 2019

Easy Riders - 3rd July

From Cobham we took a circuitous route to Ripley and then down Newark Lane and Papercourt Lane to the New Inn at Send for lunch. Richard led us through West Horsley to Epsom Road and Frank and I left the group at Horsley Towers. My right foot was in such pain because of a bunion (football injury) that I didn't want to face the hill up to Dirtham Lane. Frank and I found some interesting routes and dead ends by cutting across country and eventually found our way across Ashtead and Epsom Commons to home.

After Frank went his own way back to Wimbledon I met Ingrid Baker along the cycle path to Tolworth Tower. We then spent about 15-20 minutes reminiscing, and her saying that she would like to join us Wayfarers again but as she is such a busy person she didn't think it likely until September. Meanwhile I was nearly in tears from the pain in my right foot and relieved to be on my way again.

I've just watched the Grand Depart from Brussels with Eddie Merckx as the star man - the only thing that I have in common with him is his age!



~ John B

No comments: