Thursday, August 17, 2023

Paris-Brest-Paris 2023 - 20th to 24th August.

This weekend 7000 cyclists from all over the world set off from Paris to cycle to Brest and back. I will be one of them.


The event has been run in various guises since 1891 when Charles Terront won the race in under three days. Nowadays it is not a race but there is a 90 hour time limit. I start at 18.30 on Sunday and have to be back by 12.30 on Thursday.

If you would like to follow my progress you can see the times I check in to the various controls on this website. https://track.rtrt.me/e/CC-2023#/tracker/R2NC7HKM

Thank you to all the Sou'westers for the encouragement to participate in this ride. I won't have much time to stay in contact but I hope to have some updates posted in the comments here.

See you in a couple of weeks,

Neil  

2 comments:

Chris H said...

I was paying attention in Dieppe!

I look forward to further reports from any one of your adductor magnus, sacrotuberous ligament, semimanbranosus, biceps formis and/or semitendinosus.

In the meantime bottoms-up, best wishes and good luck.

Simon L said...

Not to mention bonne chance, bonne route, bonne anniversaire and double entendre.