Friday, July 13, 2007

C Group

After a twelve mile ride to Kingston I thought I`d better have a go with Ron in the lead. The lunch pub was to be The Gander at Sutton with tea someplace at Epsom which in the event I did not make having become lost in dense woods looking for tyre marks in muddy puddles. We had a good turnout apart from Ron and me there was Fuzz, Les, John C., Mark, Roger, Bill H., Harold (on fixed) and a few more. Soon after we started off Fuzz had gear trouble and pulled a wheel (spanner job). Ron waited while Mark went to see if he was OK. Ron is a great trail finder and I managed most of his offroad efforts where he waited for me to catch up. In the end it was Harold who found me and offered me tea at his home but although tempted I felt my remaining steam would be better used getting home... I left the dear lad when I knew where I was on the Kingston bypass and got home via Esher and Hersham having covered over 36 miles.
A large whisky /mac was all it needed to put me right. ---------------------------- Albert

No comments: