Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Editor Thanks 'B' Group

Having punctured on the way to Dorking (thanks Toni d'Italia for helping repair), I missed the 'A' Group departing from 11's as I was talking to Pete Mitchell. Hope you had a nice day guy's and thanks also to Irene for my tea and biscuits on the park bench, while repairing my tube, they were almost as sweet as you!

I must also thank the 'B' Group for inviting me to ride with them (someone was overheard saying you were not invited, you latched onto us), well isn't that what friends and fellow cyclists are for. It was good to follow Robin and his wayward band for a change, exellent lesson in map reading. The choice of lunch stop was amazing, the Hungry Horse Pub at Charlwood. There I had an all day breakfast, it was enormous. I think the baked beans must have been fast acting! As I left the pub I became wind assisted. Now I know why they call it an 'All Day Breakfast' I am still suffering from de Vind, heaven knows what would have happend if I had chosen the Vindaloo!! I left the group to make their way to tea at Leatherhead, while I tried to ride off the chips, 2 sausages, burger, bacon, 2 eggs, tomato and mushroom pluse wholemeal doorstep bread and butter, by riding up the chalk track from the bottom of the switchback to the top of Box Hill. My saddle was very hot at the top.

Now to try and finish off the editorial for the next Sou'Wester by tonight.

No comments: