Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thanks 2 'B' Group for my ride 25 July

Having arrived at Dorking with a slow puncture it was rapaired with help from Tony. Thanks also to Irene for the tea and biscuits which were almost as sweet as her!

In my enthusiasm to talk to Pete Mitchell, whom I had not seen for ages I missed the 'A' Group, I hope you all had a good ride. Thanks to the 'B' Group for inviting me to ride with them, it made pleasant change (one rider was overheard to say, we didn't invite you, you latched onto us). Well that's what friends and fellow cyclist's are for.

Thanks to Robin we had some good map reading practice and ended up at the Hungry Horse pub at Charlwood where I struggled thru an 'All day Breakfast' one of the most potent parts being the baked beans, they were very fast acting and gave me de Vind all the way home. Just as well it wasn't Vindaloo. On the return leg I went off road up the chalk path from the bottom of the Zig Zag, to try and consume some of the pile of chips, doorstep granary bread, mushroom, burger, 2 eggs, 2 sausages, rashers of bacon, tomato and Beans.... all for £5.95. It all came on an oval plate that needed a table to itself.

No comments: