Tuesday, July 10, 2007

John Hammond update June 2007

Although I got to Molesey at the end of May, I missed out on Cobham on June 6 when I discovered, after buying my train ticket at Wimbledon, that buses had replaced trains on the line from Surbiton via Cobham! I could have gone to Esher and cycled from there, but it was colder than I expected with a strong NE wind so instead I left the station and cycled via Raynes Park to Norbiton and back, but was sorry to have missed seeing everybody.
Have of course been out on the bike every day but the increasing ravages of arthritis everywhere mean that I have to be sensible and ensure that I don't cycle too far and then find it difficult to get back home again. Yesterday I went to Hampton Court and back - far enough, but I hate to admit it!!
Hope to see everybody soon.

Regards
John

P.S. "Only" 184 miles now to complete my 100,000 since age 65!!
Not important, just a target which keeps me going despite all the obstacles!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi John, Congratulations on cycling 100,000 miles since age 65.A marvellous achievement and a target for younger riders.
Be Lucky, Bob