Thursday, December 24, 2009

Easy Riders Dec 23rd


Not only `easy` but darned cold at the start; Pete and I got to Walton DC to find our group consisted of just us two plus Dennis!
The other two groups fared a little better with Pam`s cheerful outgoing to brighten the gloom. Believe me, I was in two minds about the weather, but after twelve it became a bit less cold and the three of us made a beeline for Weybridge through Oatlands Drive and down Baker Street, then after a brief visit to the cemetery to visit my family grave we went for liquid refreshment to The British Volunteer and a spot of nosh. I used to pass this pub every day on my way to school but this was my first visit. Dennis was determined to make his home run to Surbiton via the towpath so we two came home where it was not only warm but whisky mac was available--Albert

No comments: