Saturday, May 29, 2010

Update from Pam


I am home from my three week trip to Scotland. The first eleven days, John and I, (my pal who lives in Fairlie on the Ayrshire west coast), cycled to Raasay to visit Graham and Irene where we stayed for three nights! It was good to see the island that one hears so much about and we were very well looked after. After reading about Mark's incredibly challenging ride, it makes our ride a little punitive!!!! Although it did not feel like that at the time for the northerly head wind going to Raasay was bitterly cold - and then a strong southerly for our return!! But we did manage to dodge the snow and only got wet once and that was on Arran on our last day. During my last week we cycled Bute, Great Cumbrae Island, all of 10 miles around the coastal road (but it does have a good hill with wonderful views), and various other destinations to visit friends. Bye the way, in the photo outside Raasay Youth Hostel I am holding John's bike that has a little electric motor to assist one up the hills etc. etc.!! I shall be out on Wednesday, leading B group to The Plough at Horsell! Hope they won't mind! Cheers Pam :)

No comments: