Friday, June 18, 2010

Easy Riders June 16th


We met at Walton day centre, about ten of us left Walton on a nice sunny day, over Walton bridge through Shepperton & towards Chertsy & then Thorpe.
we had a nice lunch at the Red lion pub. after lunch we made our way back to docket eddy lane by the river & we had tea at Shepperton day centre.
Some of us on the way home went through Bushy Park.

From Roger - M.


Good turnout in warm weather at Walton. Roger led around a dozen of us including Mark, Beryl, Ron,Bill H.,John, Dennis, me and several who, I trust wll accept my apologies for omitting their names as we pressed on to The Red Lion at Thorpe. Although Bill and I had been there for lunch two days earlier, the service was very much better. A lot of pubs tend to be a bit down market on a monday. The route was pretty familiar; over Walton Bridge, left to Shepperton, through the lower Shepperton Road, past Dirty Dicks cafe and Bernard Braden`s old home, then over Chertsey Bridge, through Chertsey, passing the old church where Nelly hung on the bell so curfew should not ring at night as her poor daddy occupied a cold prison cell. Since I was tailend charlie on my trike I was unable to inform my good companions of this valuable chunk of local history. I must render a stanza of the old song the next time I get pie-eyed at someone elses expense. Enough of this rot. We left Chertsey on the Thorpe Road, but after crossing the motorway I took the short cut down Mill Lane only to find three or four had followed me. Upon turning right at the end, we were just a few yards from our destination. Tea was to be at Shepperton but I went home after lunch.----------Albert

No comments: