Thursday, June 10, 2010

easy riders wednesday 9th june

The elevenses were at windmill cafe in Wimbledon common, Since I was not very sure of the route from New Malden side it took me long time to find the place. Fuzz was the leader there were not many riders on the actual ride: Roger, Bill Hammond, Ron, Beryl, one new cyclist I don't know his name, and myself. There were Bill and Margaret Squirrell and two or three others who did not come on the ride. The route was fairly good on quiet roads took us Clapham common side where we caught the Wandle trail followed the river and stopped at the Market place at the water mill cafe for lunch. The tea was going to be at Morden Park after crossing the Tram line. The Fuzz changed the tea venue as it was too Early so I left them came home via Morden and Motspur Park south lane to my home. The ride was quite enjoyable but not too many miles 25 miles altogether. One thing which I saw a kind of poultry farm near Colliers wood a white peacock and white Peahen I never saw before in my life.
Mark Roy

No comments: