Sunday, February 17, 2013

Midweek Wayfarers Forum/Message Board

I talked about doing this - specifically with Jeff T - some while ago. I came to the conclusion that the easiest thing for me to oversee was to make a Forum for the Wayfarers as an addition to the Kingston Phoenix forum (and the Phoenix members were all for it!). Jeff and others, myself included, were concerned about retaining the autonomy and seperate identity of the Wayfarers so the idea was put on hold for a while.

Seeing the 'conversation' here about the Pub Register, I came to the conclusion that it was worth resurrecting the original idea, so I have created a totally seperate Wayfarers forum alongside the Kingston Phoenix forum and changed as much of the setup as I can to reflect the identities of both groups.

Anyone who signs up for the Wayfarers forum will have access to participate in discussions on the Phoenix forum should they wish, and vice versa - to be honest the more people involved the more conversation there is likely to be - and quite a few of the Phoenix are Wayfarers anyway. It should also be easy to keep the two as seperate as they are on the road.

Signup is open to anyone at the moment (until I have problems with spammers signing up by the bucket-load) and should be relatively simple.

Anyone needing help let me know and I'll do what I can.

For usernames, I suggest christian name and first initial of surname unless you have a unique first name - I think Terry only needs his first name!, this isn't like email where you are competing with the entire planet for a name. How do you identify and differentiate yourselves out on the road?

I'll add a link to the right-hand side of the blog, in the meantime here it is: 

Anyone who doesn't want to join can read posts, but not comment. But joining allows you to see more easily when there are new posts after you last read a thread. It also removes some of the advertising. And it's best not to click on any moving adverts on the screen.

That's all I can think of to start with.

Lisa

No comments: