Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pubs for lunch

As many of you know I am a townie and one of the great pleasure for me is the country pub.  I propose that we compile our views of those that we visit on MWW and other recommended destinations. To start here is my suggested format and comment on Ray's excellent choice for the A group on 13/02.

Charlwood, "Half Moon", next to the church, TQ 241 411.
Pros:  very good value and interesting menu; good beers - I enjoyed Hobgblin; efficient service; quiet location.
Cons: architecturally prosaic (but not ugly) and limited outside area.
Recommended/not recommended by Geoffrey Shields

If this proposal meets with approval by members may I suggest that the ground rules are

  • make you own entries listed by location ie village 
  • make supporting or contradicting comments on existing entries with full identity
  • respect existing entries - no editing





No comments: