Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pub Register Information

OK, Folks,

I have instituted a trial for a Pub Register, you will see that there are two new links to the right of the page - one is to a form to submit information on a pub (also the post below this one), the other is to the spreadsheet created by those submissions.

I am not entirely sure that this is going to work in the way that you would like, but it is a start, and the information submitted will be available to use in whatever format we figure works best ultimately - we can refine things as I figure out what is possible.

Try submitting stuff, I am not sure what might work in terms of allowing everyone permission to edit - as there is scope for screwing the whole thing up - but this does give anyone permission to submit an entry. However anything that goes in as rubbish is not going to be difficult for me to remove.

Let me know what you think, etc.

I run the Kingston Phoenix website and I am looking to find a host for that which should allow me to do some new and cool stuff that I can't at the moment and I hope to offer some more functionality for you guys at the same time.

If anyone knows anything about this sort of thing and can recommend a hosting company, I'm up for suggestions, there are a bewildering array of choices out there, although I think I might have identified one to try.

If you want to contact me, most of you have my email address - if you don't, then I am lisa via the kprc website (I already get enough spam and don't want to spell out my email address here!).

Have fun.

Lisa 

No comments: