Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Further news from Tony about Eric Ashford

Hi Pam,
 
           Thanks for your email. We have just come back from visiting Eric in Oxford. I have to say that his condition has somewhat deteriorated since his visit for the Tour des 3 Vallées in June. He didn't recognize me at first but knew me by name, although it did get a bit better after a bit of time. It's all a bit sad. Physically he had recovered a bit from the time when the doctors were telling us to expect the worst, but that said I gather that yesterday he collapsed in his room. All a bit worrying.
 
           Otherwise we are all well here in Germany, apart from the fact that I'm suffering from an injured shoulder from a mountain bike accident. But I'm told I will fully recover (after about three months!) and in any case I can still ride the bike and go running without too much pain, so I'm fairly relaxed about it. It's just a problem of a damaged bike and bruised ego! Here we've also had our first snow falls and sub zero daytime temperatures and Alec is already wanting to go out on his skiis. Kids are amazing-so long as they're interested in what they're doing they don't notice the cold or the wet until the very last moments-then it's another story!
 
          We've just made a provisional booking at La Plage for next year's event so we'll meet again then hopefully. I'll keep you updated on Eric's condition if it changes.

Otherwise we wish you all the best for Christmas, and a very Happy 2017

Best Regards from all of us
Tony, Annett and Alec

No comments: