Friday, November 25, 2016

Wayfarers Contact List

I will shortly be producing a new version of the contact list, with details of all paid-up members.  Please email me at simon.lambourn@gmail.com with any changes to your details (address, phone, email, emergency contact details).

Geoffrey's nasty accident and subsequent trip in an air ambulance is a reminder that emergency contact details can be extremely valuable.  Mark Gladwyn was able to provide this information to the emergency services when he arrived on the scene.  If you didn't provide details last year, please give serious consideration to adding them.

Learning from Geoffrey's experience, next year's membership cards will also have a space for date of birth: this might help identify hospital records etc if you need them.  (We are not including date of birth on the contact list, you may be pleased to hear.)

4 comments:

Geoffrey Shields said...

One suggestion is that those carrying mobile iPhones should list relevant contacts as ICE Mark Cav or whatever. ICE meanining IN CASE OF EMERGENCY. This technique is widely used in Europe.

Even when the iPhone is electronically locked a passerby can use the iPhone to quickly find and contact your wife or whoever you so designate as an ICE. This happened to my great benefit on 16.11

Perhaps an Android phone user could comment.

Dave Vine said...

Hi Geoffrey,

I tried it on my Android phone, without success, but possibly due to my incompetence, so others may want to try too.

With very best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Jeff said...

Try this:

https://rnn10.wordpress.com/2014/07/21/icesamsunggalaxy/

and look at this:

https://plus.google.com/106859157619537934581

I hope the links work! I couldn't insert a hyperlink.

Jeff

Jeff

Jeff said...

Perhaps I should have added this:

https://rnn10.wordpress.com/2010/06/21/how-to-set-up-an-ice-contact-on-your-iphone/

You may need to copy and paste to get the links, though they appear on my phone.