Wednesday, April 12, 2017

A Group Ride - 12th April

Walton to Fetcham via West End Lane and Fairmile, a bit of bridleway on the way to Great Bookham, down Chapel Lane to Westhumble, up Box Hill, across Headley Heath and back down to The Running Horses at Mickleham via Headley Lane. After lunch, a bit of forest track and a steep hill to avoid (most of) the A24, then via Tyrell's Wood to Epsom and on to Kingston for tea. The weather was kind to us (better than forecast) and we had only 1 puncture between us which provided Alan with an excellent excuse to skip Box Hill. Many thanks to DaveB for an excellent job of backmarking.


Top of Box Hill

The Running Horses in Mickleham
A very attractive young lady joined us for lunch

4 comments:

PaulKelly said...

Very enjoyable ride. Good to get back after such a long layoff - but I am now in a world of pain, I doubt my legs will ever work again....

PK

Mark G said...

That was a very good ride, Mike. I didn't think that there were many lanes in Surrey that I didn't know, but you took me down two yesterday.

Dave Vine said...

Sorry I missed it Mike - looks like a great day out.

Simon L said...

Isn't that what it's all about Paul? Great to have you back.