Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Mark Beaumont - trip round the coast of Britain

I just heard that Mark Beaumont is currently cycling round the entire coast of Britain, 3500 miles, as a training ride for his next proper ride, which will be to cycle round the world in 80 days.   He plans to do 240 miles a day (on the training and the full ride), so he will circumnavigate Britain in 15 days, and is due to finish around now.

What a lightweight.   He's not even visiting the islands.   I will be returning to Scotland to continue my 'proper' circumnavigation next month.   If you want a taste of why it's so beguiling to cycle round the Scottish coastline, click here for a video of his last ride round the North Coast 500, which may not encourage you.  Or you could read my blog: I'll put a link on here when I go.

1 comment:

Ged Lawrenson said...

He's done the easy bit - around Britain: now for 240 miles per day around the world. Awesome!

http://www.artemisworldcycle.com