Thursday, April 27, 2017

Update about Mark Roy

Lynda has some detailed news about Mark. Among other things it is a reminder of the strong connection Mark feels with the club and his cycling friends:

"I went to visit Mark, yesterday in Kingston hospital. He has been there a month now. I went 2 weeks ago and he asked me to put something in the Sou Wester, which I did but it hasn't been printed yet.

He has been moved to Alexandra ward on the 4th floor. He has improved, but not eating much. I made some flapjacks which I offered to his daughter, myself and Mark ate one, with a cup of water before and another one after. I told him he had to get stronger to get back on his bike! His daughter said, maybe he should have one for breakfast, one for lunch and one for dinner! Before I left, Mark said again, to let Wayfarers know where he is. I don't think he is used to being the one in bed; usually he goes round visiting others."

~ Tim

No comments: