Wednesday, August 09, 2017

A Ride, Weybridge 9th August.

Rain stopped play!
Eleven Wayfarers turned-up at a rain-sodden Weybridge, with the more hardy Bs outnumbering the As. With a worsening forecast for heavy rain all day I took soundings, and reluctantly (honest!) decided to call-off the ride to Dorney. Even a part ride was discounted, particularly as my planned route used some quite busy roads on the way to Dorney via Ascot and Firfield, which would have been very testing in these conditions.
Thanks for those who braved the conditions getting to Elevenes and for the apologies received - not all weather related. All is not lost: my intended route can be re-used when I lead from Fairoaks Airport on 20th September, and by then we'll be basking in an Indian Summer!

4 comments:

Simon L said...

Very sensible. Congratulations to all who braved the rain to get as far as elevenses. Some of us didn't quite get that far... today must have been the longest continuous rain for a long stretch of Wednesdays.

Mike Barrett said...

I am with Simon on that one!! An unbelievable day ... but on the bright side tomorrow looks good ... just don't pick low lying ground!!

Neil C said...

Sorry to miss another Wednesday. I felt like a wimp when I didn't leave home in the light rain but as the day wore on it seemed a much more sensible choice.

Will it be safe to meet by the river next week?

PaulKelly said...

My carefully calibrated rainometer, aka a bucket, tells me we had a good 2 inches of rain today. A real pity as I had thought of making an appearance.