Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Crockford Bridge GC to Coxes Lock

John Bellamy sent me this yesterday:

"Thought that I should share this with all those who did not know but there is no through way for cyclists out of the Crockford Bridge Garden Centre car park to go around Addlestone as the way is barred by a heavy gate. I tried the pedestrian entrance nearer the bridge but there is a notice informing all that, because of so much "vandalism", much of the pathway is restricted. A point is specifically made that cycling on the pathway is "Illegal" - this word was in red in order to stand out and be noticed by all us unruly cyclists.

I thought that the countryside was being opened up.

Regards

John

1 comment:

Steph said...

I rode home this way today John as I was intending to use this handy little cut through on a ride later in August. The usual gate from the car park was padlocked as you said but a helpful lady in the pic your own weigh shed pointed me to another gate beyond her shed and I got through . She said the other gate is usually open between 10 and 4 to allow pickers through. She also told me about the official "footpath" but in the rain I didn't investigate that end.