Tuesday, November 05, 2019

A Group Ride 6th November

I plan to take us back to the Skimmington Arms in Reigate for lunch, riding from Cobham via Effingham , Ranmore Common, through Dorking to Leigh and then Reigate. After lunch we will travel through Reigate, back towards Banstead and then on to Epsom for Tea at The Old Moat garden Centre. The distance to lunch is 18 miles and 1272ft of ascent. To Epsom will be 16 miles and 1045ft of ascent. I did a recce on Sunday and found the road surfaces good, but there are a lot of leaves and branches at junctions which make traction slippery. I am going to ride gingerly and carefully, as I don't want to end up in a hedge like last week! Weather looks cold, but dry, with light cloud. The autumnal scenery is particularly pretty at the moment, so it should be very enjoyable. I would like to start promptly at 11am please, to get to the pub at 12.30am, aiming to arrive at the tea stop at 3.15pm or before.

No comments: