Monday, January 20, 2020

A Group 22nd Jan 2020

Dorking to Horley

My first lead ride for some time, so bear with me if it seems slow.

Our destination is The Farmhouse pub, they have asked us to preorder so I shall have a copy of their menu with me, so if we could get in early orders I would love to get away at 11.00, what hopes with having to phone in the order.


We travel out along Pixham Lane to the Reigate Road and turn right onto the Brockham turn off. Please be careful along this stretch and leave gaps.

We shall be covering routes we have done before, as well as Strava I used Surrey Cycle Guide No.5

We cycle out to Woodhatch then take Pendleton Road to cross the Brighton Road at Earlswood, it is from here we head to Philanthropic Road, where there is a very steep section to start with, please be aware regarding your selection of gears, all those that are better climbers than myself please go ahead. We continue to Hogtrough Lane and Sandy Lane before desending Mid Street, I have given all this detail as I am concerned that the route is narrow and carries some traffic, for those that do go ahead if you stop to let us catch up choose somewhere safe.

Out:  https://www.strava.com/routes/23308697
 Home  https://www.strava.com/routes/23443946

We hope to arrive at 1.00, it is approx 22 miles out and about 17 miles back to Leatherhead for tea so should be home in the light.  

 .l



No comments: