Friday, January 03, 2020

Happy New Year from Tony Ashford

Just to wish you all a happy new year!
 

Had a good time in Dieppe BUT there was a real wind (one day up to 100KPH) on three out of the four days that I was there. Pic 1 gives an idea of what it was like-I don't know if the Transmanche ran that day, bit if it did, that would have been a crossing to remember. So I was either flying along at 45KPH, or struggling to maintain 15KPH going downhill! Maybe you would not be surprised if I told you that there was a lot of water around on the roads and in the rivers, but it surprised me as where we live we are suffering from a lack of rainfall. Pic 2 looking towards St Martin Église from the new part of the Avenue Verte, and pic 3, close to St Aubin le Cauf.
 

All the best
 

Tony

Tony has added in another message:

As an addition to the last mail, the new part of the AV runs between Dieppe railway station and Arques La Battaille.Its main advantage is that one can avoid much of the Dieppe town traffic and is great if one has anarchic kids on bikes. We used it on the Dieppe run last June.

          Regarding the changes at La Plage hotel, I was lucky enough to be there for Isabelle's last day, and to have a meal at the Newhaven with both Isabelle and Luc on my last night there. So all in all I was glad to have made the trip-I couldn't have planned it better. Well maybe without the wind................

Take care and happy cycling


Tony


Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

No comments: