Friday, July 10, 2020

A group ride 15 July: Cobham-Walliswood-Denbies

As is the new normal, Wednesday's ride will be in socially distanced groups of six and I'd ask that you make sure that you're familiar with the update to ride guidelines published in this blog on 6 July.

The ride through Surrey lanes will be starting from the Medicine Garden in Cobham, cycling 22 miles and over a couple of hills to the Scarlett Arms in Walliswood. At a comfortable pace the first group should arrive as food service starts, which is 12 til 2.30. There's plenty of outdoor tables and chairs and the landlord has also offered a covered outdoor space in the event of inclement weather.

If anyone is not comfortable with a pub lunch there's a lovely green with a bench at Walliswood, more or less opposite the pub.



After lunch and with the big climbs behind us we'll head off to Denbies, 20 miles, briefly dipping into Sussex by skirting the edge of Rusper and then we'll be avoiding the usual route home via Henfold.

42 miles and 2,785ft elevation in total, here's an outline of the ride.


Brian, Frances and Mike R have kindly offered to sub lead and will have the routes. If anyone else would like the gpx file in advance please let me know.

So that I can sort out the groups and book us into the Scarlett Arms please email me by 7pm Monday 13 July if you would like to join the ride. I'll assume that you'd like a place booked at the Scarlett Arms unless you tell me otherwise. I will let you know your start time by Tuesday evening.

My email address is janice.dawes@gmail.com


No comments: