Sunday, September 06, 2020

I'll be off my bike for a while because.....

 I'm recovering from surgery for prostate cancer. For those needing to know - including the Scottish trip duo, thanks for your support. For all Wayfarers, I'm able to say that so far the prognosis is promising. The op was timely.

I'm recuperating at home. It's an ideal time - two weeks of daytime telly watching the TdF!

All being well I hope to be on my turbo-bike within a month, and maybe on the road by November. 

What with the cycling stop-start of Covid, I've stopped again, but can't wait to start again. And for guys, there's benefit in knowing your PSA, because intervention sooner rather than later may give you more years on the saddle. Take care.

10 comments:

Geoff Gregory said...

Stay safe during your recovery. Hope you have a soft saddle
Geoff

Dave C said...

I hope and pray that your recovery goes well, Ged

Patrick W said...

Wishing you a speedy and successful recovery Ged. Thinking of you during this challenging time. Look forward to seeing you eat up those Surrey hills soon! And enjoy the daily analysis of the Tour de France!

Brian said...

All the very best, Ged, for a speedy recovery. Looking forward to seeing you back on the road.

Frances Stewart said...

Best wishes to you on this journey - no doubt your fitness will stand you in good stead for a speedy recovery. Kindest regards Frances

Frances Stewart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hans said...

All the very best wishes Ged, looking forward to seeing you back on your bike.

Hans said...

All the very best wishes Ged, looking forward to seeing you back on your bike.

Hans said...

All the very best wishes Ged, looking forward to seeing you back on your bike.

MikeR said...

Hi Ged, I just heard about this yesterday. Glad you got an early intervention op and I’m sure your legendary toughness and determination will get you back on the road soon. It sounds like you have a sensible recovery schedule. Good luck and enjoy the TdF!