Friday, September 18, 2020

MIKE MORLEY

 

Mike has contacted me and asked me to let you know that it never rains but it pours.

Firstly the results of my Biopsy on 29th August disclose that in addition to the two existing Tumours which have not been tamed, they have now discovered 5 more small appearing not there before.

Secondly NHS/Kings College Denmark Hill have been procrastinating with indecision as to the treatment way forward for Embolization or whatever. I had a 50 minute consultation with my consultant on Monday 14th Sept. Fortunately Tim was with me and at one stage the consultant was expressing the view that I should have a combined treatment including Immune Therapy but this I finally rejected. Today (Fri 18th Sept I am expecting a delivery of Oral Treatment in tablet form which I will commence to take with breakfast on Monday 21st Sept.

That is the day I take delivery of my new Cannondale Bosh powered Road/Gravel type bike from the very helpful Sigma Sport.

MG-TF sadly I wrote the lovely little car off big time on Saturday 12th Sept and in the process it was a miracle that I was not killed! The good Lord or Michael the Ark Angel was looking after me! It is uneconomical to repair and I am settling the claim with my Insurer Aviva who I have to say have been, prompt, helpful and reasonable.

Type 2 Diabetes

The sting is in the tail. The accident caused me to be taken to Epsom Hospital in an Ambulance. They found that my blood sugar level had gone through the roof and was so dangerously high that I could be dead within two days, their comment not mine! Nett result is I spent 4 hours in the Diabetic unit at Epsom including an hour with a Dietician explaining how the days of cake, honey, chocolate are over for me. Specifically, they said I must refrain from the MWW elevenses cake etc!

So in the space of a week my world has turned upside down.

No comments: